Since 1950, we have led the effort to permanently protect nearly 110 million acres of wilderness. We have been at the forefront of nearly every major public lands victory.
Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Maecenas faucibus mollis interdum. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum. Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna. Etiam porta sem malesuada magna mollis euismod. Praesent commodo cursus magna, vel scelerisque nisl consectetur et.
Advantages of the water horse
The Water Horse provides many distinct advantages when compared to other hydro-power mechanisms:
- The Water Horse operates in free flowing conditions and requires no separate- and potentially environmentally disruptive- equipment such as dams or penstocks.
- The Water Horse utilizes a naturally occurring bouncing motion that is environmentally compatible.
- The system is modular and can be readily adapted to fit a desired terrain or profile
- The simplistic design has relatively few moving parts, which can contribute to longer performance and lower maintenance and replacement costs.
- The levelized cost of energy (LCOE) generated by the Water Horse has been calculated to be as low as $0.09/kW-hr. This compares favorably with a cost of $0.32/k@-hr that is common for remote locations.